Transfer of business
On 29 March 2019, we transferred the following types of policies from Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited to Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland dac:
- all policies issued and/or business carried out by Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited out of its branches in the Republic of Ireland, France and Belgium; and
- certain other policies issued and/or business carried out on a freedom of services basis in Belgium, France, Germany, Iceland, the Republic of Ireland and Sweden.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland dac was previously known as Friends First Life Assurance Company dac.
What does the transfer mean for you?
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland dac is now the provider of your policy.
The transfer will have no effect on:
- the way we invest the funds backing your policy;
- any payments you make or receive under the terms of your policy;
- the way you contact us; or
- the level of service you receive.
You can find more information about the background to transferring this business in the questions and answers
A process designed to help protect your interests
To make sure that policyholders were protected and not unfairly disadvantaged, we followed a set process. This included:
- giving impacted policyholders notice of the transfers;
- making impacted policyholders aware that they had an opportunity to object and put their objections directly to the court if they believed they’d be negatively affected by the transfer;
- a detailed review by an Independent Expert;
- consulting our industry regulators in the UK and the financial services regulator in Ireland; and
- approval by the court in London.
Our proposal was approved by the court on 20 February 2019.
You can find copies of the Independent Expert’s reports, the scheme documents and other court documents in our document library.